We’re Always Looking for Good People!
VanIsle Axe is looking for a few new lane coaches to join our team. If you enjoy spending time with people, leading groups, being part of something bigger than you, and aren’t afraid of a little hard work, then we’d love to have you!
Here are the main duties you will be required to perform in an evening.
- Parking Lot – at the start of the evening we like to have someone outside helping people with parking.
- Host – we want all our guests to feel welcome, we greet people as soon as we can.
- Axe Throwing Safety – we start each throwing session with a safety session.
- Axe Throwing Instruction – we provide a demonstration on axe throwing to new guests.
- Score Keeping – each lane coach is responsible to facilitate and score games when necessary.
- General engagement – we’re looking for someone who is engaging and has fun with those around them.
In addition to engaging guests, other club duties are part of the job description.
- Sweeping lanes.
- Vacuuming carpet.
- Fixing target boards.
- Spray painting targets.
- Cleaning washrooms.
- And anything else that needs to be done.
A Little More Information
As our location is in Nanoose Bay, you are gonna be someone who has their own transportation. The bus can get you close, but stops running before you would be off for the night.
We’re looking for someone who is available on short notice, evenings, and weekends. This position is mostly causal. We do the occasional special booking during the week, but our main hours of operation are Thursday-Saturday 6pm-9pm. Basically this is a job for someone looking to supplement their income with a second job or while they attend university.
To apply, complete the form below, then send us a message on Facebook or Instagram to let us know your’e interested! We’re pretty approachable, and appreciate your interest, but as we only have a couple spots available, if we don’t hire you, it’s not personal, we’re hoping we can still be friends!